Today is my post for the Insecure Writer's Support Group. Alex Cavanaugh is the founder of this group and if you'd like to find out more about joining, click HERE to visit Alex's blog. If you want to check out the other writers' posts, click on any link in the blog hop list at the bottom.
It's the time of year when all those around me are making their lists of New Year's Resolutions. I don't make resolution lists anymore. Everything on my old resolution lists were huge. Things like lose 25 lbs.by February and conquer my fear of birds would inevitably heckle me. I make "to-do" lists daily/weekly/monthly and feel a great sense of achievement when I mark things off. It may be that the task is small and takes 5 minutes, but I still love seeing it completed. I swear I would write better if I could get these things marked off my list. These tasks are messing with my writing mojo:
1. Organize paperwork in the home office. I think I can shred the JC Penney receipt from 1995.
2. Finish the novella I started with the hero I modeled after Robert Pattinson. Yeah, you heard that right.
3. Buy new tennis shoes. I think I'd exercise better and then that would clear my mind for writing. It's all circular.
4. Put the Christmas decorations up in attic. I don't want to be that person with the Christmas tree in the window on Easter.
5. Make a grocery list of healthy foods. Again, this will surely help with the writing. Having the targeted foods in my refrigerator would make eating them an easier task.
6. Get ahead on all my blog writing. I like to stay at least a week ahead on them.
7. Do some great editing on the book I finished in the New Adult category. I intend to accomplish this with the EditPalooza class I am taking throughout January. It's supposed to be intense. Bring it on.