I'd like to introduce Ally Shields, author of Awakening the Fire. I secretly spotlighted her book last month in the Did I Notice Your Book Bloghop hosted by Alex Cavanaugh and Ciara Knight.
I'm thankful for readers, and I love comments. This month, I'll give away a $5 Amazon or Starbucks gift card every week. Why? Because we love coffee and good books! Or maybe that's just me. Nevertheless, I'm spreading the love. Leave a comment, and it automatically counts as an entry. Read about Ally and then hop to her blog to read mine. I'll make a note of those commenters, so you can have two entries during our blog swap. Take it away, Ally!
Since Brinda and I swapped blogs for the day, my answers to the five questions we chose are below. When you've finished reading them, hop on over to http://allyshields.com/blog.html to see what Brinda said!
FIVE: Items you would buy with a million dollars.
(1) Huge gift certificates for family and friends to buy all the books they want. Everyone I know reads voraciously!
(2) An assistant to handle a lot of the book marketing, so I can write!
(3) An American saddlebred or Arabian horse because I miss having one.
(4) A time-share at DisneyWorld. I'll always be a kid at heart, and who can resist the teacups in the Magic Kingdom or the world showcase at Epcot?
(5) A red Ferrari. Just because.
FOUR: Things you love about your favorite book. There are so many books I love that I couldn't pick an all time favorite, but today's favorite is: Delusion in Death by J. D. Robb, and favorite things about it -
(1) Eve Dallas, the take-no-prisoners cop and main character
(2) Roarke, her love interest/husband, because he's hot!
(3) I love stories where the good guys win in a big way.
(4) Nice blend of suspense and romance. I'm a sucker for the combo.
THREE: Necessities you’d bring with you to a deserted island.
(3) My vampire Andreas for when the batteries on the other two go dead! For the great discussions, of course. ;-)
TWO: Food items you cannot possibly live without.
Isn't this one obvious? The two major food groups:
ONE: person who makes your life better.
Other than my indispensible family -
(1) My critique partner, writer Kathleen Marsh. Without her suggestions and support, my books might not have been published.
Praise for Awakening the Fire-
“It was action packed and so interesting you just HAVE to keep reading to know how it ends!!! " ~ Romance Lover
"Years ago I became a fan of Kim Harrison's Hollows series. And now Ally Shields has given me a whole new series to be completely enchanted by..." ~ Amazon reader
All Romance Ebooks
Barnes & Noble
Book Trailer on Youtube