This month, I'm giving away a $10 Amazon or B & N gift card. To enter the June giveaway, please enter in the widget for every blog post. There is a link for Terms and Conditions to this giveaway.
Summer makes me think about vacations and fun. I'm going to reflect on some past vacations and why I would or wouldn't do them all over again. Last week's post was about Disney World. Most of my blog visitors said they have been to Disney or would like to visit.
This week, I'm talking about Destin, Florida. I've visited this beautiful coastal town in the Florida Panhandle at least ten times.
1. Crystal Sands Beach Area: Stay in a condo that is near the beach. We always stay in one that is within a block or two from the beach. Actually, we stay in one that is considerably less expensive because you must walk across a very tame road (Old Scenic Hwy 98). Staying in a condo allows you to save money (and calories) by cooking some meals. Use an online search for a condo or rental home in the Crystal Beach area: www.vrbo.com
2. Rent or bring an umbrella. It's easy to get too much sun before you know it. This is not instead of using sunscreen.
3. Use sunscreen. Period. Please don't argue.
4. Embrace your inner child. Make sandcastles, float in an innertube, take a nap everyday.
Destin Commons. This isn't the outlet mall, but I'm not sure that outlet prices are not that much less.
3. Beautiful white sand and sunshine
Do you like beach vacations? Have you been to Destin, Florida? Suggestions for my readers?