I use an Apple wireless keyboard with my iPad when I am writing in the app called Manuscript. It wasn't difficult to transition from working on my PC when I learned I could still use shortcut keys.
Some keyboard shortcuts won’t work on the iPad/iPhone, like cmd+b for bold and cmd+i for italics. I really don't use those anyway. I do use the copy, paste, undo, and select all shortcuts quite frequently on the PC and on the Apple keyboard.
Use these keyboard shortcuts:
· Cmd + c = copy
· Cmd + v = paste
· Cmd + z = undo
· Cmd + a = select all
· Cmd + shift + arrow = select + jump to beginning/end/start of line
· Shift + arrow = select
· Cmd + arrow up = move cursor to home
· Cmd + arrow down = move cursor to end
· Cmd + arrow left/right = move cursor to beginning/end of line
· Screen brightness
· Eject button (makes the touchscreen keyboard pop up on the iOS device)
· Volume Up, Down, and Mute