If you follow my blog regularly, you know that I'm one of Abbie Roads' biggest cheerleaders. When she said she was having a trailer reveal, I was on board. I not only love this book, but I have a vested interested in the trailer.
Several months ago, I talked with Abbie about creating her trailer. Now mind you, I was excited as a kid finding out it's time to put up the Christmas tree.
What are the steps in creating a trailer like this one for RACE THE DARKNESS? It's definitely a team effort.
1. Concept: Abbie and I discussed the feel. I knew early on that we were going for romantic, evocative, and emotional.
2. Length: Most trailers should be between 1 and 1 1/2 min. unless you want the viewer to leave and make popcorn.
3. Tool: I used Adobe After Effects software. This effect is called double exposure--the overlay of two images.
4. Content: Abbie chose the music and images. Both lend suspenseful and emotional depth to this visual story.
5. Script: I asked Abbie to come up with short phrases (different from her blurb) that tell the story with a tease. She scored!
I hope you enjoy Abbie's trailer. Then mosey on down to the pre-order links and grab a copy while it's on your mind.
Cautionary note...I cringe when I see other authors using copyrighted movie clips and hit music for a trailer. It's unlikely they paid the thousands (or more) to use such material and is illegal. Everything in Abbie's trailer came with a price tag and a license for usage.
RACE THE DARKNESS Blurb:
Cursed with a terrible gift…
Criminal investigator Xander Stone doesn’t have to question you—he can hear your thoughts. Scarred by lightning, burdened with a power that gives him no peace, Xander struggles to maintain his sanity against the voice that haunts him day and night—the voice of a woman begging him to save her.
A gift that threatens to engulf them...
Isleen Walker has long since given up hope of escape from the nightmare of captivity and torture that is draining her life, her mind, and her soul. Except…there is the man in her feverish dreams, the strangely beautiful man who beckons her to freedom and wholeness. And when he comes, if he comes, it will take all their combined fury and faith to overcome a madman bent on fulfilling a deadly prophecy.
Barnes and Noble: http://hyperurl.co/RtDban
Indie Bound: http://hyperurl.co/RtDInB
Seven Things about Abbie Roads:
Facebook Author Page
Facebook Profile Page